J & S Exterminating Inc Services
Integrated Pest Management
Residential * Commercial * Real Estate
One Time * Monthly * Quarterly * Semi-Annual
Termites Roaches Fleas
Carpenter Ants Earwigs Spiders
Carpenter Bees Millipedes Sow Bugs
Yellow Jackets Centipedes Pill Bugs
Wasps Silverfish Mice
Hornets Pavement Ants Rats
Free Evaluations For Your Home or Business
To Schedule Service
Its easy to schedule a Pest Inspection or any of our Pest Control Services. Simply send a brief e-mail requestJS_Exterminating@Comcast.netand our courteous and professional office staff will take care of the rest.
- F.H.A. & V.A. Inspections
- Convenient appointment times as well as last minute / weekend appointments available if needed.
- Reports guaranteed next day or same day if needed.
- Our technicians will explain any findings in detail to both the buyer and seller.
- A variety of payments available: At Closing, Net 30, on the spot, etc...
- Pest inspection / treatments discount coupons are offered to you throughout the year.
- Specially discounted treatments are available to you for your customers.
- Fully insured. Licensed by the Pa. Department of Agriculture.
- All of our technicians are employees of J & S Exterminating Inc. (Not independent contractors).
- Reports are available to you via e-mail, fax, or direct mail.
Wood Destroying Insects
Powder Post Beetles
Facts About Home Pest Inspections
Why is it necessary to have a pest inspection when purchasing a home? Also, what is the pest control technician actually looking for during the pest inspection? These questions have always been somewhat puzzling to many homebuyers. The answer to these questions is as follows.
The pest inspector is looking for any or all of the four wood destroying insects (WDI) commonly found in Pennsylvania. They are termites, carpenter ants, carpenter bees, and powder post beetles. These insects can destroy your property unless they are located and treated properly. The lending institute, the seller, the buyer and the real estate agent all have a stake in the property and all want the property to be free of these insects. If the property is infested with any of the four WDI, a quality pest control company can correct the infestation and correct the problem. If left untreated the property will continue to be damaged.
Of the four wood destroying insects the one that causes the most damage are termites. Termites cause over 1 billion dollars worth of property damage annually in the United States infesting about one home in every 50 nationwide.
Carpenter Ants, Carpenter Bees, and Powder Post Beetles are not nearly as destructive as termites but non-the-less they all should always be treated to protect your property from damage. In conclusion, when buying a home you should always get a pest inspection.